Wednesday, April 11, 2007

17th to 20th street Portals


The weather was poor, I mean real terrible. I wanted Udon BADLY, and since I don't roll with an umbrella, I still didn't want to get soaked. I needed to get to foodworks and back to work, without getting drenched. I NEEDED A PORTAL.
was it intuition? Luck? did I have a dream the night before that I would discover a passageway to the past and future? Maybe, I really don't remember. It was like a blur, I barely remember making my way through the aisles of Paper and Envelopes, past the birthday cards and wedding invitations, it was as if I was transported through time and space, from 18th st. to 19th st., there I was , kneeling, out of breath, and in front of foodworks. DRY. that was back in '05. Since then, after a few expeditions in the winter of '06, we discovered two more Portals. The Sam Flax portal, and the 17th street Coffee Portal.
I am happy to share them with you.

1 comment:

Chris said...

thank you phil, on behalf of soggy coffee drinker all over the city